Your pet’s health comes first.
When searching for quality veterinary care in San Antonio, we’re happy to be your top choice for pet care. The entire Blue Cross pet Clinic team works hand-in-hand to provide an exceptional experience for your entire family during every single visit. Please scroll down to learn more about the services we’re able to offer to your pet.
We’re here for your pet.
We look forward to being your family’s lifelong partner in pet health.
Your pet’s health starts and ends with wellness exams, and it’s important to keep them on a proper schedule. During these exams, we’ll do a full nose-to-tail examination, check eyes, ears, and mouth, and make sure that their vitals all look good. As your pet ages, we’ll use the information gathered during these visits to make sure they’re on a healthy path.
We may also use these visits to discuss your pet’s lifestyle, diet and nutritional needs, and ensure that they are up-to-date on vaccines.
Our team looks forward to seeing you annually (semi-annually for senior pets over the age of seven) and strengthening our bond with your family.
Fleas and ticks are not only a source of irritation to your pet, but they can also harbor disease and adversely affect your pet’s health. Heartworm is a dangerous parasite that lives in the heart of dogs and cats, damages the heart muscle, and can be fatal. Thankfully, all of these can be prevented and Blue Cross Pet Clinic can help you keep your pet safe.
In addition to conducting heartworm and parasite checks during your pet’s visits, we can also ensure that they’re on the correct medicine to keep them protected from these nasty bugs.
While fleas, ticks, and heartworm can be a serious threat to your pet’s health, we can help you avert issues and diseases caused by these parasites.
Your pet’s dental health affects their overall health in a very impactful way. According to the American Veterinary Dental Society, 70% of adult cats and 80% of adult dogs show symptoms of oral disease. In addition to dental checks during annual exams, we’ll also want to discuss a teeth cleaning schedule for your pet.
Part of your pet’s annual wellness exam at Blue Cross Pet Clinic will include checking on the health of their gums, mouth, and teeth. Our veterinarians and staff will take the time to instruct you on proper at-home dental care, including brushing and providing your pet with dental chews and treats.
Why is this so important?
Maintaining strong dental health and a regular cleaning program not only assures that your pet’s mouth and teeth will remain in excellent condition, but will also help to prevent infections that can spread through the bloodstream to affect major organs such as your pet’s liver, kidneys, and heart.
Welcome to Our Grooming Services!
At Blue Cross Pet Clinic, we believe that a healthy pet is a happy pet. That’s why we are proud to offer professional grooming services to keep your furry friends looking and feeling their best. Our experienced groomer is dedicated to providing top-notch care and creating a relaxing environment for your pets.
Why Choose Our Grooming Services?
- Experienced and Caring Groomers: Our skilled groomer has years of experience working with various breeds and temperaments. They understand that every pet is unique and will tailor their grooming techniques to suit your pet’s individual needs. Your pet’s safety, comfort, and happiness are our top priorities.
- Comprehensive Grooming Services: We offer a wide range of grooming services to cater to all of your pet’s grooming requirements. Whether your pet needs a simple bath and brush or a full grooming session, including nail trimming, ear cleaning, and a stylish haircut, we’ve got you covered.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Our grooming salon is equipped with the latest tools and equipment to ensure that your pet receives the highest quality care. We maintain strict cleanliness and hygiene standards to provide a safe and sanitary environment for your pet.
- Stress-Free Experience: We understand that some pets may feel anxious or nervous during grooming sessions. Our compassionate groomer is skilled in handling and calming even the most anxious pets. We take the time to create a soothing atmosphere, making your pet’s grooming experience as stress-free as possible.
- Personalized Attention: Your pet deserves individualized care, and that’s exactly what they’ll receive at Blue Cross Pet Clinic. We take the time to listen to your grooming preferences and discuss any specific concerns you may have. Our groomers will work closely with you to ensure that your pet’s grooming session meets your expectations.
- Health Monitoring: During the grooming process, our experienced groomers keep a close eye on your pet’s overall health. If they notice anything unusual, they will promptly inform our veterinarians, who can address any potential health concerns.
Book a Grooming Appointment Today!
Pamper your furry companion with our exceptional grooming services. To schedule an appointment or learn more about our grooming packages, please give us a call or use PetDesk. We look forward to helping your pet look and feel their best!
Prevention is much more simple than treatment. Many of the diseases that can affect dogs and cats are preventable through proper pet vaccinations. We can help.
Dogs and cats have many different needs when it comes to vaccines, but we’re prepared for it. Getting your pet on a proper vaccination schedule ensures they’re continually protected against viruses they may encounter outside of the home.
Vaccines are special proteins that prime the immune system to fight off specific infections. They work in two ways: to reduce the severity of such diseases should they strike or to completely prevent infection.
We look forward to putting together a proper vaccine package for your pet!
When every second matters, we’ll be there to ensure that your pet is getting the right diagnosis and quick treatment. Our in-house laboratory allows us to run a number of diagnostics to get answers to your questions about your pet’s health.
Sometimes, there is more than meets than eye when your pet isn’t feeling their best. Some of the tests we can run are:
- Blood Tests
- Urine Tests
- Faecal Tests
- Parasite Tests
- Digital X-rays
- …and more!
In addition, we also have special imaging equipment that allows us to see inside your pet’s body to find what may be ailing them.
A radiograph (X-ray) is a type of photograph that looks inside the body and reveals information that may not be discernible from the outside. Radiography can be used to evaluate your pet’s internal organs like the heart, lungs, and abdominal organs, as well as bones. When it comes to accurately diagnose your pet, radiology can be an extremely valuable tool in our diagnostic arsenal.
Our veterinarians and veterinary nursing staff are well-trained to ensure that the entire process is handled with compassion and the best care. We work hard to make sure both you and your furbaby are supported throughout the entire process. This means we provide advice before the procedure and take the time to answer any questions you may have.
Our vets usually recommend spaying or neutering at six months of age to both prevent unwanted pregnancies and to reduce the risk of other health problems. There are of course exceptions to that rule and our veterinarians will have an open discussion with you to decide on the best time to spay your neuter your particular dog or cat.